Monica was born in North Africa.
As a young girl, Monica had a shocking experience. According to the custom of the time, her parents would ask her to bring up wine from the cellar for them. Once Monica took a sip of the wine before she brought it up. After that, she gradually began to drink just a little more each day. She thought no one knew about it. Then one day, Monica quarreled with a servant, and the servant accused her of drinking too much. Monica realized that the maid was right. This helped her to face this temptation. She decided then and there to stop drinking and she did.
Monica was raised a Christian, but was given in marriage to a pagan official named Patricius. They had three sons. Patricius was not only a violent man, but he had a number of other bad habits as well. Monica remained patient. Other wives with marriage problems came to her for advice. A year before Patricius died, he was converted—due to Monica’s powerful example. In their early years of marriage Monica’s mother-in-law turned against her because of ugly rumors spread by unhappy servants. Through patient forgiveness, Monica was able to win her cooperation.
Another source of worry for Monica was her son Augustine. This brilliant and gifted young man rejected the faith his mother had taught him. Augustine lived an immoral life and had a son although he was not married. Monica was ready to disown Augustine, but in a dream it was revealed to her that eventually he would come back to the faith. She prayed and fasted for her son and stayed close to him, following him to Rome and Milan. In Milan, she met Ambrose, the bishop, who became her spiritual director. He promised her, “Surely the son of so many tears will not perish.”
It was Ambrose who finally converted Augustine. Together, Augustine, Monica, Augustine’s son, and some other devoted people moved to the country to pray and write. From there they began a journey back to Africa. Monica died on the way. The day before she died, she and her son had a beautiful conversation about the joys of heaven.
ONE-OF-A-KIND – All of our Christian wall art prints are handmade, utilizing special techniques to apply the Gold Foil, each artwork is individually made with love and completely unique. They are even more beautiful when view in person. Therefore each artwork you own is a special, original, one-of-a-kind spiritual décor, with vivid reflective gold foil that you’ll love to look at again and again.
These art prints come UNFRAMED
- SIZE: 8 x 10 inches
- HANDMADE IN THE USA – We create and package every artwork with great care, so you can be sure to receive the best quality artwork, proudly made in the USA! Each artwork is made to order, ALL SALES ARE FINAL & no returns are accepted.
- PREMIUM MATERIALS – All fine art prints are created from museum quality long lasting gloss paper that is made to shine. The gold foil is painstakingly applied to each and every print with great precision and care without any automated process.
- FAST SHIPPING! Once the order is received, the artwork is immediately created and ready to ship as soon as possible, normally within the next business day.
- PERFECT GIFT! With premium handmade quality and exceptional flair for artistic representation exhibited through each piece, I hope my one of a kind art print will inspire you and your loved ones. My timeless prints are great gifts for all, especially to friends and family members.
- GREAT SELECTION! This print is just one of many from my selection! Check out my shop page by clicking on my shop name at the top right of this page, and browse my awesome & extensive collections – encourage friends and families to visit my page and support our small Christian family owned business! God Bless!
TOP QUALITY – Unlike other cheaply made artworks that were massed produced outside the US. Our artworks are high quality handmade print in CA USA. This means you can feel confident that you’ll get the best print, museum quality artworks made with premium material that will last for ages.
INSPIRATIONAL – This unique artwork will show off your faith in a unique and motivational way. Hang one on the wall in your living room, bedroom, kitchen, or office. These images will add a faith-filled touch to any setting while giving you and your loved ones a daily message of faith, hope and love.
SPIRITUAL – Not only the artwork is well made and looks great, it is meant to be a motivational wall art. It’s also a perfect inspirational, christian and religious wall decor that will uplift your spiritual journey to guide you more immersive in prayer. This ultimately means that it can lead you to a greater spirtiual life so that you can enjoy being closer and in more perfect union with God.
PERFECT GIFT – Our art prints are the perfect religious gifts for any occasion. Remember that special birthday, anniversary, confirmation, baptism, Easter or Christmas with a unique art print. With a variety of designs, you can give something for that special person to remember for the rest of their lives especially during their most memorable moments.